Special Visa to Enter Thailand
The Thailand Special Tourist Visa (STV) is a special visa introduced by the Tourism Authority of Thailand for long-stay tourists who would like to travel to Thailand. It is one of the economic measures by the Thai government to restore the local tourism industry that has been affected heavily by COVID-19.
Update: The Thai Embassies and Consulates are currently issuing the normal 60-day tourist visa (SETV) and the special tourist visa (STV). Kindly contact your local Thai embassy for more information >> here
- This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.
- STV visa holders will initially be permitted to stay in Thailand up to 90 days including the quarantine period.
- The extension of stay can be requested at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand up to 2 times at the maximum of 90 days per each extension.
- The maximum stay in total, therefore, shall NOT exceed 270 days including the quarantine period.
- The current end date of the STV scheme is 30 September 2022.